- WR Hours of Operation: Weekdays 1:00 PM to 1:00 AM Eastern Time. Saturday and Sunday 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM eastern. In the event of any issues, please contact @WRProAmLeague via Twitter.
- Any team that plays in a “Jazz Gaming Road to the Draft 3v3″ Tournament Tournament”) must have passed team registration. The Tournament will begin November 19, 2021 and conclude on November 30, 2021. One (1) Tournament will be conducted on PlayStation 5.
- Registration will be capped at 16 teams and each team will have three (3) roster spots available at registration. At registration, each player is required to have a primary position, but players will be permitted to use any position as long as the player playing such position is on the team’s roster.
- Registration does not guarantee entry into the tournament. Entry to the tournament will be confirmed by WR following review of registration submissions to confirm that all participants are U.S. residents who are at least 18 years of age and no individual members are residents of states wherein participation in fee-based tournaments are prohibited.
- Registered teams that are found to be ineligible for any reason will not be issued a refund..
- Registration will remain open until the 7:00 PM ET, on November 18, 2021.
- Any individual who was a member of an NBA 2K League roster at any point during the 2021 NBA 2K League Season is explicitly forbidden from competing in, participating in, or supporting any Tournament capacity. Any team found to be in violation of this will be eliminated from the tournament without refund and may be forbidden from participating in future Utah Jazz Gaming events at the sole discretion of Utah Jazz Gaming.
- Each participant may only play on one team at a time, and may only use one (1) gamertag through the Tournaments. You may not play on multiple teams with multiple accounts A participant may, however, register multiple gamertags for a single team on behalf of other participants.
- If you play with a player not on your roster or violate any tournament specific rules your team will be forfeited with no refund.
- Seeding: The seeding of each Tournament will be the order of signups (e.g., the team that completes registration last will be seeded as the lowest ranked team, and the team that completes registration first will be seeded as the highest ranked team).This event will be on December 4, 2021
- Game times are 2PM EST – 6PM EST
- All games will be streamed live
- Participants acknowledge that various NBA 2K League teams will be hosting draft eligible tournaments during the same or similar window as the Tournament. In the event that a registered participant wins another 2021 NBA 2K League draft eligible tournament hosted by another NBA 2K League team, such participant will be immediately disqualified from the Tournament and their registration fee will be refunded by WR to the original form of payment. The team of such disqualified player will be required to replace any disqualified player prior to their next scheduled game, or such team will be disqualified, and no refunds will be provided.
Match Up Rules
- Participants must use these rules as a guideline for teams to solve issues on their own before bringing any issues to WR’s commissioner @WRProAmLeague via Twitter.
- The Rules are intended to be explanatory in nature. WR and Utah Jazz Gaming cannot predict every case that may come up in advance. Additionally, unintended loopholes in the language may exist. If the technical language of a rule does not align with WR or Utah Jazz Gaming’s intent of the given rule, there’s an unanticipated loophole, or other abusive behavior is occurring, WR and Utah Jazz Gaming reserve the right to amend and enforce any and all of its rules retroactively conforming to its intents and in the spirit of fair competition.
- The WR commissioner will make a determination as to the outcome of any dispute (in his/her sole discretion) and such ruling will be final. By signing up for this Tournament, you accept any and all decisions that the WR commissioner and/or Utah Jazz Gaming make, regardless of what this rule page states.
- All Tournament games must be played on 3v3 Park game mode.
- Solving server host disputes:
- Participants acknowledge that tournaments run by WR, including the Tournament, are typically operated using a server located in the Eastern Time Zone (an “east server”). We may not enforce this in some areas. If you play in the Tournament, you accept the outcome of each game. If we are pressed for which server to play on, we will rule east server. up and play the game.
- Participants acknowledge that games operated in Central and Eastern Time Zones are operated using an east server, and games operated in Mountain and Western time zones are operated using a server located in the Western time zone (a “west server”).
- If a team can definitively prove beyond reasonable doubt it has all east server players in the lineup then they will be ruled to be the host of games in the applicable series.
- If (a) both teams prove they have all east server players, (b) both teams have a west server player, each game of the series will alternate hosts, with the higher seeded team hosting first. If neither team provides proof as to location, then the series will also alternate.
- If a player lags out or disconnects before tip-off, the applicable game will be subject to an automatic restart. Players will be required to quit the game and contact the opposing team to match up again.
- The following rules apply ONLY to lag outs, disconnections, or other unforced 2K game-related errors. If you choose to quit out of a game in a Tournament it may be considered a forfeit, as determined by WR in its sole discretion.
- During a Tournament, if such an error occurs, a participant may be required to restart the game and play the time remaining with the same score differential at the time of such error.
- Example: Team A is up 78-70 with the ball on Team B with four minutes remaining. Team B lags out. Team A and B must play the first four minutes of a new game, with Team A winning the tip and given a +8 advantage. (Round to nearest minute).
- Do not count points to the spread that occur after the first player has quit/lagged out.
- The team with a lag out must immediately quit as described above for this rule to apply.
- This rule applies to the time out glitch and all lag outs. If a team is suspected to be repeatedly abusing this rule, WR reserves the right to not grant that team spreads and disqualify them. Final decision will be made by the WR commissioner, in his/her sole discretion. Teams are strongly encouraged to work it out themselves prior to escalating to the WR commissioner.
- All games must be streamed on the registered Twitch account(s) and must include “Utah Jazz Gaming Road to the Draft 3v3 Tournament” in the stream title. All games must be archived in the event WR administrators need to review game play. Every team must have a representative from their team in the Tournament’s Captain Chat. The Captain Chat will be on Discord.
- Teams must remove any and all content related to the Tournaments, including but not limited to streams, clips, and graphics if requested by Utah Jazz Gaming for any reason without warning or explanation.
- Utah Jazz Gaming has the right, but not the obligation to host or promote streams of Tournament play and can opt against doing so for any reason without warning or explanation.
- The burden of proof for rules violations lies with each team captain (video, audio, time stamped screen shots may be provided as relevant evidence). WR and Utah Jazz Gaming are not required to track down proof itself and will not take a captain’s word for it.
- Any violation of above rules, by one or more participants, will result in the forfeit of the series without refund.
- If a series begins it must end the same night. If a team signs off without consent, it is considered the same as conceding the series in which is was participating at the time of such premature signoff. The only exception would be if both teams agree AND each team captain has obtained the prior written consent of a WR administrator to finish the series the next day; permission shall not be granted to extend the window for completion of each round.
- If Tournament games that are not played during the applicable rounds, as set forth above, WR may simulate such game and draw a random winner at the sole discretion of Utah Jazz Gaming and WR.
Timeliness Rules For Tournaments
- The intent of the timeliness rule is to create a competitive environment that is respectful of opponents’ and viewers’ time.
- Team captains must work collaboratively with the captain of the opposing team to determine a mutually agreeable date and time for each series. If a suitable game time cannot be mutually determined by the participating teams, WR will set a time in its sole discretion
- After a game time is established, at least one (1) team captain from the two opposing teams must create a chat with the opposing team captain, @Utah Jazz GamingGaming, and @WRTo twitter reporting the game time. The opposing team captain must then provide written consent to such game time.
- If a team captain does not report a game time to WR in advance as described above, WR will not enforce the on-time rules against such team’s opponent.
- A team captain must notify the opposing team captain a minimum of ninety (90) minutes in advance of any scheduled game time to request to reschedule any such game. The scheduled series may only be pushed back a maximum of one (1) hour from the initially agreed upon start time.
- The primary accepted form of communication during the Tournament is Twitter for scheduling purposes as each team captain and team Twitter handle is listed on the website. Discord is also an accepted secondary form of communication and will be upheld as valid, but Twitter should be used for scheduling first. Xbox Live and/or PlayStation Network messages (as applicable) should not be used to contact opposing teams.
- To find the Twitter handle of the captain of the opposing team, navigate to the public tournaments page from your console’s bracket page by clicking ‘more info’—>participants—>[Opponent team name]—>Information
- Streams must be up within thirty (30) minutes of the agreed upon game time (“Arrival Time”), with each of the three (3) players from each team being in the park and ready. If this does not happen, game 1 of the series will be forfeited.
- Every twenty (20) minutes after the Arrival Time that a team is late will result in a forfeit of a game in the series.
- Example: 50 minutes late will be an 0-2 deficit (series forfeiture if a 3-game series). 1:10 minutes late will be an entire 5 game series forfeiture.
- WR reserves the right to not enforce the timeliness rule for any reason. Reasons WR may elect to not enforce the rule include but are not limited to first time offenders, it’s a late round of the tournament, the team is deemed to have a significant emergency situation (ex: incapacitated, hospitalized, etc.)
- Spread rules are in effect (see spread rules in Matchup Rules section), but a participant may not choose to quit out of the game without the opposing team’s consent. If you choose to quit out of the game for reasons such as “it feels laggy” repeatedly without the opponent agreeing, your team may be forfeited. The only acceptable reason to quit a game is that you actually lagged out or another reason beyond your control. You may be given one warning or forfeited at the discretion of WR.
- If the game does not start within ten (10) minutes of both teams (including the required three (3) players per team) being in the arena, WR may randomly select a winner of the series. If it is one team causing the hold up, WR may elect to forfeit the series. Teams should be respectful of the viewers’ time.
- After every game the winning team will submit the box score with the game results to WR via Discord in the form of a screenshot. Only one screenshot is needed from the winning team, which must include the stats for both teams. Utah Jazz Gaming will use these scoreboards to build statistics database to be used in the Season 4 Player Identification Process and Draft Day Scouting Documents.
- Box score must be submitted by posting them in the Game Screenshot channel in the WR Discord Server. All games posted must be labeled using the following naming convention <Team_Name> vs. <Opponent_Name>: Game <Game_Number>.
- We will only accept high quality images from Xbox Live or PlayStation Network, as applicable. We will not accept blurry images or pics of your tv screen displaying the stats. Our stats team need to easily see the stats on the box score.
- Format for labeling game screenshots in Discord must be “Team A vs Team B”. Team A is the top team in the screenshot and Team B is the bottom team in the screenshot.
- If a Win/Loss has been awarded to the wrong team then the team captain will contact an admin member with screenshot proof showing the game results. The admin member will then review and make changes accordingly if deemed necessary.
WR and Utah Jazz Gaming have zero tolerance for any behavior that: (a) is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (b) is obscene or offensive, or may create public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule; (c) defames or invades publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringes upon any third party’s or prize provider’s personal or intellectual property rights or contain disparaging remarks about other people or companies; (d) is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which WR, Utah Jazz Gaming and/or the NBA 2K League wishes to associate, as determined by such parties in their sole and absolute discretion; and/or (e) otherwise violates the terms of any of the agreements that the participants have agreed to comply with as participants in the Tournament(s), these official Rules, Sony Group Code of Conduct, PlayStation Network’s Code of Conduct, Microsoft’s Code of Conduct, Xbox’s Community Standards, Twitter’s Terms of Service, The Twitter Rules, Twitch’s Terms of Service, Twitch’s Community Guidelines, Discord’s Terms of Service, and Discord’s Community Guidelines. In the event a participant engages in any of the foregoing, Utah Jazz Gaming will have the right to remove such participants from the Tournament and may impose other consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future programs of Utah Jazz Gaming.
- The first place team in each tournament (the “winning team”) will also receive entry into the NBA 2K League’s “Combine Invitational” Tournament (tentatively scheduled for February 2021) for all three (3) registered team members, subject to completion of all the requisite NBA 2K League requirements, and approval of the NBA 2K League.
- Additionally, Utah Jazz Gaming has exclusive ability to nominate a single team member from each tournament (excluding players from the first place teams) to receive entry into the NBA 2K League’s “Combine Invitational” Tournament (tentatively scheduled for December 2021).
- This bid will be awarded to the player Utah Jazz Gaming deems to best exemplify sportsmanship, innovative strategies, and character needed to thrive in the NBA 2K League. Selection and announcement will be made in accordance with NBA 2K League requirements and is anticipated to occur between in December 2021.
- To be eligible for potential draft eligibility, participants in local tournaments and online tournaments involving draft pool eligibility must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and have graduated from high school by October 1, 2021 (or, if the participant did not graduate from high school, the class with which the participant would have graduated had he or she graduated from high school must have graduated by October 1, 2021). This requirement relates only to potential draft eligibility and, subject to applicable laws and participation rules, failure to satisfy this requirement does not preclude Tournament participation. No individual who participated in the NBA 2K League as a player at any point during the 2021 NBA 2K League season may participate in local tournaments or online tournaments involving 2K League draft pool eligibility.